Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Visa Gift Card that Charges a Activation Fee

Visa Gift Card that Charges a Activation Fee

I just received a Visa Gift Card from Vanilla Gift Card which was great.
Has a cute little photo of one of Anne Geddes little ladybug babies, too cute.
I love gift cards and even more when I win one.
BUT, I can't believe there is a $3.95 Activation Fee !!!!!!!!!!!!  I know it's not much, BUT ....
I would feel terrible if I sent one of these cards as a gift and the recipient of my gift would have to pay a Activation Fee.  I wonder why Vanilla Gift Cards does it this way.
If I was going to give one of their cards as a gift, I would rather pay the fee at the time I order the card than have the person I'm giving it to have to pay it.  I know, they don't really pay it, it is automatically taken out when the card is used, but than that makes my gift $3.95 less.

Also, if you do have one of these cards, read the cardholder agreement.  They will also charge you a monthly fee on the balance if you activate it and do not spend the full amount within 7 months.


The Giftcard Cardholder Agreement states that Vanilla Gift Cards are issued through Silverton Bank, N.A., their website states:
"This Card is issued by The Bancorp Bank, N.A., pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The Bancorp Bank, N.A.; Member FDIC. This Card is distributed and serviced by either ITC Financial Licenses, Inc. or IH Financial Licenses, Inc., depending on the state or territory in which this Card is purchased."
The Vanilla Visa gift card is accepted anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
You can purchase this gift card in denominations of $25, $50 or $100. Activating the card takes no additional effort on your part. Once the card is purchased, it is activated by the cashier and ready for immediate use at restaurants, retail stores and for online purchases.


I love all the designs you can get the gift cards in, but I don't think I will use this gift card for gift giving as long as the fee is charged to my gift recipient and not me.

Just my opinion, I was not compensated at all by Vanilla Gift Cards or Visa
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger